Monday, February 15, 2010

Pre-Op w/ surgeon

I had my pre-op appointment today at MCV plastic surgery. Not much to say...they went over everything I will be having surgery on..bilateral ear lobes, bilateral axilla, bilateral torso, bilateral breast, bilateral lower extremities, and bilateral groin. They said the won't know until day of surgery exactly what they will operate on first but they are hoping for bilateral axilla and torso. They said it will take at least 3 surgeries to complete everything with other operations between for skin graphs. One of my major concerns was what I would end up choosing as far as surgery on my breast, today I told them I decided to remove them....I'd rather that then be dis-formed, they decided they would wait on that surgery till the last to give me more time to decide for sure since its such a big decision. STRESS. :) I will be in the hospital probably a week could be longer depends on how they can close each area. They will use staples to close some, "skin flap"(http://www.drugs.com/cg/skin-flap.html) to close some, and some will be left open and need graphs. When I get home they will set up a home care nurse to come out a couple times a week. They will have to insert drainage tubes that I will have for a little while, but they shouldn't be that big of a deal, just need to be emptied. Surgery is March 31...6am. I still have a couple more pre-op appointments, but nothing big (I hope) until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment