Saturday, March 13, 2010

Tear drops in blood.


A compilation of worries from the HS community.





I worry there will never be a CURE. I worry about dying. I worry about pain. I worry that my children will also get HS. I worry about my children who already have HS. I worry about having children. I worry if there's anybody out there that can help who cares. I worry about infection. I worry I let my friends down. I worry I let my family down. I worry about not being a productive part of society. I worry about all of the dreams I have and the fact that I can't do them. I worry about wearing a bra. I worry about blood seeping through my clothing. I worry about sweating. I worry about soap. I worry about swimming. I worry about walking. I worry about sitting. I worry about standing. I worry about my underwear. I worry about toilet paper. I worry about bandages. I worry about embarrassing myself. I worry about embarrassing you. I worry about not being here tomorrow. I worry about tape. I worry I will never be financially stable. I worry about wearing light colored clothes. I worry that I am seen as flaky or unreliable. I worry that I can't just wear a normal sleeveless wedding dress. I worry I won’t be able to dance at my wedding. I worry an open wound will come into contact with something fatal. I worry about not being here for my family. I worry about shaving. I worry about forgetting to not put on anti-chaffing/sweat powder. I worry about not disinfecting my skin. I worry about my weight and the negative health issues that come along with it. I worry because I can’t exercise and lose weight. I worry if tomorrow will be worse than today. I worry that there will be more bills I can't pay. I worry that I'll lose more feeling in my hands. I worry where else it will spread. I worry about sinking so deep into depression I never find my way back. I worry about not being able to play with my nephews and niece. I worry I won't wake up one day. I worry about my funeral. I worry how my mom will handle it if she has to bury me. I worry about losing my house. I worry that my dad won’t be around much longer. I worry about losing everything that I hold dear. I worry about not having enough money to make ends meet. I worry about not seeing my children grow up. I worry that I will never be able to play with my children. I worry that I will never be able to make the most of my life. I worry about making the right decision. I worry about making the wrong decision. I worry that every time my son or husband leave, they will never come back. I worry about being alone. I worry that I can't get through the day. I worry my disease will progress to stage three. I worry about losing my job. I worry about all the young sufferers. I worry about my clothes getting ruined and not having money to replace them. I worry about getting in trouble at school because a sore leaked and I smell really bad. I worry about getting MRSA again and having to be hospitalized. I worry that one day I'll have to have another surgery and I won't wake up. I worry that there is no end in sight and I'll have to live with this pain forever. I worry that people will see me as weak if I just sit down and cry. I worry about the meds I take effecting my heart and liver. I worry that they will discontinue yet another product I use daily to help me deal with my HS. I worry that friends and family will get frustrated and just stop understanding. I worry that this chronic pain will always have me at the edge of yelling at someone. I worry my husband will stop loving me. I worry about the gulf coast summer coming. I worry about being able to walk without people seeing my pain. I worry about shorts and comfortable clothes. I worry about my husband's back injury and if he will ever be able to work again. I worry about having to move out of my house. I worry about when I will have enough, and end it all. I worry that I can't clean my house. I worry that no one will take this seriously. I worry that I can't take medication because I have a tendency to get blood clots. I worry that this could lead to more serious complications. I worry that I am always a burden on the ones I care about and love. I worry that the medical community will never fully recognize this. I worry about not being able to brush or do my hair. I worry about my scars. I worry about what my friends think. I worry that I stink. I worry because no one can count on me. I worry because I can't count on myself. I worry about surgery. I worry about me. I worry about you. I worry it will keep getting worse. I worry that I worry too much but that doesn't stop me worrying even more.

1 comment:

  1. This post was mentioned specifically on FB. I have so many of these worries and I know that as I get older, it will only get worse unless something can be stop to halt this disease, reverse this disease. Stay strong.

    ReplyDelete